Medina County Port Authority can assist businesses with:
- Creative financing and leasing options
- Port Authority Alternative Financing
- Foreign Trade Zones – industrial acreage in four different areas of the county that provide benefits to companies engaged in international commerce
- Available land at the Medina County Innovation Park adjacent to the Medina County University Center
- Access to comprehensive programs and business incentives thru the Medina County Economic Development Corporation.
Port authorities have the power to finance, build, and lease industrial, commercial, research and distribution, charitable and public projects.
Conduit finance powers for port authorities, under Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 4582 , are broader than any other finance statue which authorizes the involvement in projects for transportation, governmental operations, educational facilities, cultural facilities and housing.
Port authorities frequently collaborate with other entities on a wide variety of projects. The Ohio Department of Development and port authorities can combine their resources to bring innovative alternatives on financing to projects. Many port authority projects involve tax exempt or taxable bonds that feature fixed interest rates that extend 20 or even 30 years.